The first freshman class enrolled in engineering at Mississippi State in 1892. Since that time, more than 15,000 engineers - men and women - have become respected leaders in many diverse fields across the state, the nation, and the world. From 13 students more than 100 years ago to an enrollment of over 2,000 in ten major fields, the last century has seen Mississippi State's College of Engineering grow in size and, more importantly, national prominence.
The Bagley College of Engineering is a professional college whose purposes are to provide both undergraduate and graduate education, to conduct basic and applied research and to engage in extension and public service activities. The College consists of many operating departments and centers, including the following departments or programs of study:
- Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Dave C. Swalm School of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering Department of Mechanical Engineering
Within these eight academic departments, the Bagley College of Engineering is able to offer ten separate degree programs at the undergraduate level. These degrees include:
- BS in Aerospace Engineering
- BS in Biological Engineering
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- BS in Civil Engineering BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering BS in Software Engineering
The Bagley College of Engineering also operates several research units, among which undergraduates participate.
The computer science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET and the aerospace, biological, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, industrial, mechanical and software engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
For more information, please contact:
James Worth Bagley College of Engineering
Mississippi State, MS 39762
or email: Robert Green, Undergraduate Coordinator