Fall 2016 – Application is closed.
The purpose of this program is to promote and support undergraduate research at MSU within the BCoE, its associated research centers, and across the university. Undergraduate students enrolled in a degree program within the BCoE and have a cumulative GPA above 3.0 will have the opportunity to participate in research under the mentorship of a BCoE faculty member. The research activities may be either experimental laboratory research or computational theoretical research and should have a clearly stated objective/hypothesis and research aims. Students can propose research projects for one semester or one academic year. Students are required to present their work at the spring undergraduate research symposium.
- Students selected will receive a stipend for $1250 per semester.
- The payments will be made directly to their student accounts on October 1 and November 15.
- Each payment will be $625.
- Awards will be announced September 15.
- Students are expected to typically spend 10-15 hours per week on research.
All recipients must submit a copy of their abstract and presentation from the undergraduate research symposium to
Dr. Warnock (email@example.com) before May 1, 2017.