The Bagley College of Engineering is honoring seven members of its faculty and staff who have contributed significantly to Mississippi State’s mission of research, teaching and service.
Bagley’s annual awards are presented each year in order to recognize faculty and staff for their accomplishments in the college’s eight departments and multiple research centers.
“We have a long list of talented and hard-working faculty and staff within the college and I am happy to be able to applaud this year’s award winners,” said Jason Keith, dean of the Bagley College of Engineering. “Their contributions support a vibrant research community as well as outstanding teaching and service efforts.”
This year’s awards and recipients include:
- Career Award – Pedro Mago, Mechanical Engineering
- Service Award – Andy Perkins, Computer Science and Engineering
- Professional Administrative Staff Award – Machaunda Bush, Aerospace Engineering
- Non-Exempt Administrative Staff Award – Tammy Carroll, Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Teaching Award for Distance Learning – Reuben Burch, Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Academy of Distinguished Teachers – Linkan Bian, Industrial and Systems Engineering, and Adrian Sescu, Aerospace Engineering
A further five members of the Bagley faculty and staff were recently honored as part of Mississippi State’s annual research awards. They include:
- ORED Faculty Research – Masoud Karimi, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ORED Research Support Staff – Natalie Beatty, Dean’s Office
- ORED Graduate Researcher – Jack Francis, Industrial and Systems Engineering
- University Centers and Institutes – Anna Linhoss, Agricultural & Biological Engineering/Northern Gulf Institute
- 2019-2020 James D. McComas Faculty Leadership Program Graduate – Haitham El Kadiri, Mechanical Engineering
The Bagley College of Engineering is online at www.bagley.msstate.edu and can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube at @msuengineering.
Mississippi State University is Mississippi’s leading university, available online at www.msstate.edu.
By: Philip Allison