Dear Faculty, Staff, Students and Friends of the Bagley College of Engineering:
I have been telling people that the fall 2022 semester has been the best in the Bagley College of Engineering in years. Each of you has been working hard to make that possible, and I thank you for that. I am pleased to present some of our most recent news, notes and highlights:
- Congrats to the Mississippi State University Cybersecurity Club, who placed third in a National Security Agency contest.
- Mississippi State University thrives in multidisciplinary work, and look no further than industrial and systems engineering graduate student Erin Parker as an example.
- Several faculty have been recently promoted and/or granted tenure. Please join me in congratulating these new faculty (along with their department and current title):
- Lauren Priddy, ABE, Associate Professor with tenure
- Santanu Kundu, CHE, Professor with tenure
- Max Young, CSE, Associate Professor
- Mehmet Kurum, ECE, Associate Professor with tenure
- Jean Mohammadi-Aragh, ECE, Associate Professor with tenure
- Linkan Bian, ISE, Professor with tenure
- Reuben Burch, ISE, Associate Professor with tenure
- Junfeng Ma, ISE, Associate Professor with tenure
- Alta Knizley, ME, Associate Clinical Professor
- Aaron Smith, ME, Associate Clinical Professor
- We also welcome several new faculty into the college:
- Jenna Johnson, ISE on the Coast, Assistant Clinical Professor
- Ross Smith, ME, Instructor
- Holly Potts, ISE, Instructor
- Alessandro Matese, Geosystems Research Institute, Visiting Assistant Professor
- Seunghan Lee, ISE, Assistant Professor
- Xin Fang, ECE, Assistant Professor
- Kristin Sandberg, ECE on the Coast, Instructor
- Vidanelage Lakshika Dayarathna, ISE, Visiting Assistant Professor
- Last month, the engineering department heads and I received a tour of the MaxxSouth Digital Media Center (https://www.library.msstate.edu/dmc) on the second floor of the Mitchell Memorial Library. There are great resources available to engineering students, staff and faculty. These include:
- Makerspace – Produce 3D prints and scans; use the Glowforge to create prototyping or working components for a project; learn to sew; create customized shirts, cups, buttons and tumblers
- CAVS Mixed Reality Studio – Experience, work and play in virtual and augmented reality
- AV Studio – Quickly and easily record audio or video presentations. Just walk in with a jump drive, and with just a few mouse clicks, record professional audio and video of your speech, lecture or presentation.
- Equipment – Borrow cameras, presentation equipment, laptops and even tools like screwdrivers, wrenches and drills
- Printing – print in black and white, color and wide format
- Group Study – Collaborate with others at one of our group study tables, or reserve the Collaboration Study (groups of 8 or more), which offers a computer, lectern and widescreen TV
Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the Bagley College of Engineering at Mississippi State University. You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Finally, if you have any ideas for stories, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for all you do, and Hail State!
Jason M. Keith
Dean and Professor
Earnest W. and Mary Ann Deavenport, Jr. Chair
Bagley College of Engineering
Mississippi State University