Dear Faculty, Staff, Students, and Friends of the Bagley College of Engineering:
I hope your summer continues to go well. Here are some quick updates about the college:
- I had the opportunity travel to attend a portion of the EcoCAR EV Challenge Year 1 Competition presentations. The Mississippi State team did very well and won several awards, including best project management presentation, first place in mid-year project status presentation, first place in project management program, and first place in architecture selection technical design.
- I moderated a session on chatGPT at the American Society for Engineering Education Annual Meeting in the Chemical Engineering Division. There was a great discussion among the one hundred attendees about the positives and negatives of using this technology in higher education. Nevertheless, this tool will be used extensively in the future. The college and university continue to engage in a dialogue on its use on our campus.
- Thanks to Doug and Gloria Marchant, all our department heads/school directors hold endowed faculty positions. The inaugural holder is Dr. Shahram Rahimi, in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Check out the June edition of The Graduate School Newsletter, which includes a video of the spring 2023 Doctoral Hooding Ceremony.
- With the support of a private gift, MSU has established the Agricultural Autonomy Institute, led by Dr. Alex Thomasson, William and Sherry Berry Chair and department head of Agricultural and Biological Engineering.
- Congrats to all who were recognized at the 2023 Student Leadership and Community Engagement Awards ceremony.
Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the Bagley College of Engineering at Mississippi State University. If you haven’t visited the college’s website yet, please check it out at bagley.msstate.edu. You can also follow us on on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Finally, if you have any ideas for stories, please let me know at email@example.com.
Thank you for all you do, and Hail State!
Jason M. Keith
Dean and Professor
Earnest W. and Mary Ann Deavenport, Jr. Chair
Bagley College of Engineering
Mississippi State University